The Conference Manager plays a critical and central role in the planning and implementation of our international conferences, mostly in the medical field. Project management activities include preparation and follow-up, as well as on-site support for our high profile and complex international conferences.
K.I.T. Group was founded in 1986 with its headquarters in Berlin and working as a Professional Conference Organiser (PCO) with representative offices throughout the world. Currently, the company headquarters employs about 90 people from 20 nations. Since 2010, K.I.T. Group operates as an independent subsidiary through a strategic alliance with Messe Berlin GmbH.
We continuously search for competent multilingual employees who wish to grow within their profession and to help K.I.T. Group, through their ambitious dedication and commitment, to maintain and even optimize our high standards of quality. With K.I.T. Group GmbH, you can expect a friendly and international team in an engaging work atmosphere.
For our headquarters in Berlin, we are currently looking for a:
Conference Manager (f/m)
The Conference Manager is the interface between the client and the project team for all operational tasks. In charge of the budget for the conference and overseeing that deadlines are met; the Conference Manager plays a critical and central role in the planning and implementation of the event.
Your Tasks Include:
- Project management activities including preparation and follow-up, as well as on-site support for our high profile and complex international conferences
- Support and advise in the design of the event
- Service provider coordination including both internal and external partners and suppliers
- Interface between all involved internal and external departments, as well as the link to the customer in consultation with the responsible Account Director
- Briefings, preparation of presentations, offer negotiation and operational support including any correspondence internally and externally
- Development of long-term relations with our customers, partners and service providers
- Project-related budget management
- Professional team leadership with regard to project implementation
- Representation of the Account Director in their absence
- Several years of experience in the event industry, e.g. with scientific congress formats and/or trade fairs
- Successfully completed studies or commercial training with appropriate professional experience
- Experience with printed matters is a plus
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent analytical skills and communication proficiency
- Very structured and independent way of working
- Creativity, willingness to take responsibility, and teamwork
- Performance motivation, negotiation skills and a feeling for excellent quality work
- Very good knowledge of English and German language (C-level) for the support of our international clients. Additional language skills (e.g. French, Spanish) are a plus
- Diversity competence
- Technology affinity as well as passion for and practical experience with various social media channels and the appropriate IT tools
- High work-load capacity
- Sound knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to travel
- An exciting position in which you can take on responsibility and further develop your career
- Opportunity to travel and work in various countries and with many cultures
- Flexible working hours and flat hierarchies
- Attractive office location with very good access to public transport
- Access to various offers such as: an active health management, company pension scheme, etc.
Please send your relevant documents including your earliest start date and salary expectation to:
Applications for individuals who qualify as severely disabled in the terms of § 2 ABS. 3 of the social code IX are desirable.
K.I.T. Group GmbH
Apply for Conference Manager (f/m)
Have a account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.